Friday, August 31, 2012

education/enlightenment


I will first start with video reviewing the 21st century enlightenment.  First I will say that I’m not a fan of Matthew Taylor’s videos the drawing is a nice effect but I think the pictures and the speed of his voice draw you away from the real point of the video. However they are informative. This video is about the way we have been living since the enlightenment which originated about 1650 to 1700. Taylor believes that in this new enlightenment we need to again change the way we think and view things, which is absolutely correct. We live in a new generation, which calls for a new way of thinking. The cultural norms we find acceptable today people would lose their minds over in 1650 we must enlighten ourselves.

The other video by Mr. Taylor that we watched was about education. I really liked this video because it kind of hit home for me, since I graduated from high just one year ago. In the video he says we don’t need to dull education we need to raise it, what sense would it make to dull down education. Taylor made a great point that our current education system is still based on the style of the original education standards! Today’s generation is fast pace and in your face. How can we have students learn this way? He points out that it’s also not the education system that has dulled down, but the students are being dulled down by modern medicine. Many of my friends were put on this so called wonder drug knowing that nothing was wrong with them. In my opinion I think that the doctor is the second parent to children these days. Parents are too quick to say they can’t handle the child and turn to medication.

 I like both videos in what the message is I just do not like the way it is presented. To be honest I will problem watch a few more of Taylor’s videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment